The founding team will always provide the community answers to these basic questions for every material decision the team makes:
- What decision has been made?
- Why was that decision made?
- Who is impacted by the decision?
- When is the decision going into effect?
- How can the community provide feedback and voice their opinion?
As with other projects in the DeFi space, Vesper's governance will emerge from community collaboration and participation. We begin the project with a few simple governance principles:
- Any and all material changes to Vesper products and VSP should be proposed in public, with code, with appropriate time for community feedback.
- We believe that a responsible yield farming network can remain in the founding team's hands for the initial phase only, until power can be transferred to the community. Our roadmap for progressive decentralization outlines our strategy for transitioning to fully autonomous and decentralized decision-making.
- We believe a successful governance system should minimize the time and cost necessary for a person or entity to participate in governance. We will explore gas-efficient methods of voting like Layer 2 scaling solutions to reduce costs associated with voting.